Are you sick and tired of Netflix’s geographical limitations preventing you from seeing your favorite content? It’s not just you! This irritation frequently arises for many people. Fear not, as this guide will show you how to change the Netflix region on your Smart TV, giving you access to various entertainment possibilities.
Location determines how much Netflix content is accessible, with great differences across different areas. Netflix uses geo-restrictions to limit access to select content in particular regions. However, With the right resources and a few simple steps, you can go around limitations and explore a diverse selection of content, ranging from the latest blockbusters to hard-to-find gems and global hits. Embrace the world of smart TVs and shift your Netflix region with us.
A quick guide to changing Netflix region on smart TV
Here are the key points for changing Netflix region on Smart TV using ExpressVPN:
- Sign up to a reputable VPN provider, such as ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app from your Smart TV’s app store.
- Connect to a server of your desired country whose Netflix library you want to access.
- Access your Smart TV settings and change the region to match the server location.
- Open Netflix and login to enjoy the selected country’s library content.
Best VPNs to spoof Netflix region on smart TV – Quick list
- ExpressVPN: A well-regarded VPN service, This VPN has an unwavering focus on security and privacy. Users can access content restricted by location thanks to a large network of its servers worldwide.
- Private Internet Access (PIA): Budget-conscious consumers can rejoice in finding a VPN like PIA that keeps their information safe. It stands out with a broad server network, secure security measures, and the promise to uphold no user data.
- ExtremeVPN: With security, streaming, and torrenting capabilities, This VPN service known for its many features. A global network of servers is just one of its many strengths, alongside a rich history in the VPN space.
What is a smart TV
A Smart TV combines a big screen and smart computer abilities. It is a fusion of your smartphone and TV, called a CTV (connected TV). Internet features come packaged with this television set. It is not only limited to show watching but also grants access to web browsing, photo viewing, music streaming, and binge-watching your favorite movies and shows.
Pre-installed applications, including Hulu, Spotify, YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, make up the collection on your smart TV. Like on a smartphone, you can customize it further by adding or removing apps. If you have a Smart TV, your fingertips contain a vast entertainment realm, including sports, news, films, music, video calls, and social media platforms.
Working on a smart TV
A smart TV is easy to set up. It allows for a seamless connection to your home internet using an Ethernet or WiFi Network. To set it up, you only need to provide your internet service provider’s network credentials during the process. Once you are connected, a range of channels (apps) becomes accessible.
Smart TVs also provide an intuitive controlling method, remote control. The remote has an arrow, Enter/Select, Home/Menu keys, and navigation essentials. Television interaction reaches new levels of naturalness and efficiency due to some smart TVs’ touchscreen remote, motion-sensing, and voice command capabilities. You can give commands to your TV by speaking or pointing at the screen.
Does Netflix support Smart TV?
Netflix is a popular streaming service, and if you’re wondering whether it works on your smart TV, the good news is that most smart TVs do indeed support Netflix.
Getting Netflix on your Smart TV
Netflix is easy to install and set up on your smart TV. To begin with, search for the Netflix app in your TV’s app store and download it. You can launch the Netflix app after installing it.
Netflix features on smart TVs
The Netflix app provides a range of features on smart TVs, improving the streaming experience. Custom profiles, content navigation, and access to subtitles and audio tracks are all possible activities with the feature. Regarding your TV and internet speed, you may access high-definition and ultra-high-definition streaming.
More than just Netflix
While Netflix is certainly one offering, smart TVs have more to offer. On most smart TVs, you can find support for various streaming services like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and others. With this, you have an all-inclusive entertainment station that caters to all your needs in one place.
Generally speaking, smart TVs are easy to set up to work with Netflix, and in summary, With support for multiple streaming services and a wide range of features, a smart TV makes it your primary hub for satisfying all your online media requirements.
Best VPN to change region on smart TV – Detailed list
It’s the fastest VPN for smart TVs and can be used as a personal hotspot. It offers robust security and privacy features with ultra-fast connection speeds.
- Apps are easy to use and navigate
- Allows P2P sharing
- Does not limit data bandwidth limit
- Has advanced security protocols
- Can be used only on fice devices at once
With fast speeds and robust security features, ExpressVPN is a top-tier VPN service for changing Netflix regions on a smart TV. One of its standout features is its vast server network across 160 locations in 94 countries. Netflix’s vast libraries are easily accessible with extensive server coverage. Its vast and diverse network ensures fast and reliable connections worldwide.
For Android and Apple TV users, ExpressVPN offers a user-friendly app that makes changing your region easier. With versatility being a key feature, it also supports various devices, including Mac, Xbox, Roku, and Chromecast. It offers unmatched services when it comes to unblocking capabilities. It allows you to access the blocked content worldwide, regardless of location.
Its trusted server feature helps maintain user privacy by storing no data on its servers. A kill switch, DNS leak protection, and AES-256 encryption protect your internet connection when using ExpressVPN, preventing accidental data exposure. While other VPNs may be cheaper, the reliability, speed, and remarkable customer service of ExpressVPN make it a worthwhile investment for uninterrupted Netflix region-changing Smart TVs.
2. Private Internet Access (PIA)
One of the most complete VPN networks, it provides users with a large number of servers and stealth protection online. The service is user-friendly and easy to install on smart TVs.
- Has thousands of servers scattered all around the world
- Adheres on a strict no-logging policy
- Has a fastest VPN protocol
- Comes with a no-question-asked money-back guanrantee
- Customer support is a bit clumpsy
Frequently called PIA, Private Internet Access is a reliable and affordable VPN solution without sacrificing safety or speed. With a presence in many countries, PIA has assembled a sizable server network. This diverse server infrastructure allows you to easily access Netflix libraries from various regions, bypassing geo-restrictions.
With its effortless apps for platform-specific interfaces, PIA merits praise for its smart TV compatibility. For most devices, including TVs, this VPN is a good fit. With a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and AES-256 encryption, your online activities stay private thanks to the PIA VPN. It does not gather or retain browsing information as part of its no-logs policy.
It can easily switch your Netflix region on a smart TV without spending too much money. It boasts an affordable service that sets it apart. Competitive prices without sacrificing quality are a draw for price-sensitive consumers. Still, it offers a secure and reliable Netflix region-changing experience on your smart TV, albeit without the same lightning-fast speeds as ExpressVPN.
A new entry to the VPN market that is proving one of the finest choices for spoofing Netflix region on a smart TV. It has everything you need to protect yourself from any risks online.
- Easily bypasses almost all Netflix libraries
- Unlimited bandwidth data
- Allows non-stop torrenting on servers
- A reliable customer support available 24/7
- Does not have
For changing Netflix regions on a smart TV, ExtremeVPN offers a feature-rich VPN service. With servers in over 78+ countries and 96+ locations, ExtremeVPN can help you access Netflix libraries worldwide. Its excellence lies in its compatibility as it supports various Smart TV apps. It suits those seeking a reliable VPN service with a global presence and strong security features.
Military-grade AES-256 encryption is a top priority for ExtremeVPN, ensuring robust security for online activities. Additional features like split tunneling are available, which allows you to choose which apps use the VPN. With its no-logs policy, it ensures that user data remains confidential.
Its servers are designed for smooth Netflix streaming, providing movie and TV enthusiasts with a great streaming experience without interruptions or buffering. With a good value for the price, ExtremeVPN offers features that make it a solid option for changing your Netflix region on your smart TV while keeping security and performance in check.
What are some other ways to change the Netflix region on smart TV
Here are some other ways to change the Netflix region on your Smart TV:
- By using a VPN: A VPN creates a secret internet tunnel, like one for physical travel. With VPN active, your smart TV may have foreign geolocation, making Netflix believe you are accessing its content from there.
- Smart DNS: A virtual address book, Smart DNS, helps your smart TV connect. Your TV can access Netflix content from another region by finding the right location online.
- By using a proxy service: An intermediary, a proxy, allows for shifting smart TV return addresses. It makes your smart TV appear in a different place. Like sending a letter from another city, a proxy does this for your Smart TV.
- By using Smart DNS and VPN together: A VPN and Smart DNS combine for an awesome smart TV superpower duo. Smart DNS finds the right spot for your TV, whereas a VPN conceals your smart TV’s authentic identity.
How to watch Netflix on smart TV using a VPN router
One of the easiest and most effective methods to watch Netflix on your smart TV from a different region is by using a VPN router. Follow the steps to set up and use a VPN router to change your Netflix region on your Smart TV:
- Acquire a VPN router. You may purchase one already configured or set up a VPN on your existing router if it supports it.
- Activate a VPN account with a reliable provider that has servers in the area where you wish to watch Netflix. Ensure that it is router-compatible.
- Set Up Your VPN Router. Enter your VPN provider’s information in the router’s settings after logging in (often using a web browser).
- Link your smart TV to the Wi-Fi network that your VPN router has established.
- Launch the Netflix app on your smart TV. It will now look like you are in the location of your VPN server.
- Enjoy Netflix without regional limits and only the material from your selected location.
How to change the Netflix region on your Android TV
Changing your Netflix region on your Android TV is quite simple, opening up a world of new content. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Choose a reputable VPN with good server coverage.
- Register for the VPN service of your choice. Usually, you’ll have various subscription plans to choose from.
- Install the VPN app on your tablet or Android device after downloading it.
- Launch the VPN app on your Android device, and log in with your account credentials.
- Select a server location based on the Netflix region you want to access. For example, choose a USA server if you wish to US Netflix access.
- Open your preferred web browser on your Android TV and go to Netflix.com.
- Log in with your existing Netflix account. If not, sign up for a new account.
- Choose your country or region during sign-up. Here, select the country that corresponds to the server location you chose in your VPN app (e.g., USA).
- Enjoy a fresh library of content from the selected region.
How to change the Netflix region on your Smart TV with Amazon Fire TV (Fire TV stick)
Changing your Netflix region on your smart TV with Amazon Fire TV Stick is a breeze. These nifty devices come equipped with Amazon’s OS, allowing you to switch your Netflix region effortlessly. Here’s how to do it:
- Get Your Amazon Fire TV Stick. It’s a small, handy device that’s easy to set up.
- Plug it into an available HDMI port on your Smart TV.
- Using your TV’s remote, navigate to the “Device” option. This is where the real Netflix region-changing action begins.
- In the “Device” settings, look for the option to change your Netflix region.
- Follow the prompts to change your Netflix region. You’ll likely be able to select a new country or region from a list.
- Sit back and enjoy the content from your chosen region. You can do this using your TV’s remote control.
Netflix compatibility with your smart TV
Through its comprehensive library of movies and TV shows, Netflix has transformed how we engage with entertainment. Checking the Netflix compatibility is necessary before starting a binge-watching session on your Smart TV. These factors decide whether your Smart TV can stream Netflix content successfully,e.g., the operating system, hardware specifications, availability of the app, and consistent software updates.
Smart TV operating system
Netflix may or may not be accessible on various smart TVs. The most common smart TV operating systems that support Netflix include:
- Samsung Tizen: Many Samsung smart TVs run on Tizen, which is fully compatible with Netflix.
- LG WebOS: Netflix integration is just one of the many attributes that have made LG’s WebOS a favorite among Smart TV users.
- Android TV: Using an Android TV means you’re lucky. Netflix works smoothly on this platform.
- Apple TV: For those invested in Apple products, Apple TV offers a convenient option through its included Netflix app.
- Roku OS: With convenient Netflix access, Roku-powered Smart TVs.
- Amazon Fire TV: Netflix compatibility offers a superior streaming experience with Amazon Fire TV.
Meeting their hardware standards ensures a seamless Netflix experience on your Smart TV. These requirements usually include:
- Internet Connection: A stable internet connection needs at least 0.5 Mbps (SD) or 5 Mbps (HD).
- HDMI Port: Connecting Roku or Apple TV to a Smart TV depends on the availability of an HDMI port.
- Display Resolution: Supporting display resolutions of 720p, 1080p, or 4K, your Smart TV is ready to deliver HD or 4K content.
Netflix app availability
One of the easiest ways to check Netflix compatibility on your Smart TV is by looking for the Netflix app. Netflix is accessible via a pre-installed app on most modern Smart TVs or through app store download.
Regular software updates
Netflix frequently updates its app. Maintaining compatibility with newer versions of the Netflix app requires regular software updates for your Smart TV. The settings menu on your TV is where you should regularly look for software updates.
Is smart TV not supporting Netflix? Here is how to fix it
Are you facing issues while setting Netflix on your smart TV? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with some easy-to-follow troubleshooting steps:
- Check your internet connection: Make sure your Wi-Fi network is running smoothly. Identify any issues, then try rebooting the modem or router if you want a quick solution.
- Restart your smart TV: A simple restart can work wonders. You may find the option to Restart your Smart TV in the ‘System’ section.
- Update your smart TV software: Software updates are essential for your Smart TV. To find ‘System update,’ navigate to the ‘System’ option in the ‘Settings’ menu and look closely.
- Update the Netflix app: Find out if there are any updates available for the Netflix app on your TV. Find Netflix in your TV’s app list and look for the ‘Update’ button.
- Clear the Netflix app cache: Clearing the app can resolve some app-related issues. Find the Netflix app and clear the cache.
- Factory reset your smart TV: When none of the previous steps are effective, try restoring the factory default settings on your Smart TV. ‘Advanced System Settings’ is where you can usually discover this feature.
- Reinstall the Netflix app: Try reinstalling the Netflix app. Steps to reinstall the Netflix app are here if you need them.
- Press the ‘Home button’ to reach the TV’s home page.
- Locate the Channel Store by pressing the arrow buttons and then select ‘OK.’
- Choose ‘Search Channels’ then press ‘OK.’
- Enter ‘Netflix’ using the on-screen keyboard and press ‘OK.’
- Choose the Netflix app from the search results and press ‘OK’ to access the app page.
- Choose ‘Add channel’ to obtain the Netflix app on your Smart TV.
- Then, return to the home screen and launch Netflix after installing the app.
- Enjoy streaming the Netflix content.
Easy to execute, these instructions will enable you to solve most Netflix issues on your Smart TV so you can return to viewing your favored entertainment. Happy streaming!”
How do you connect another device to a smart TV?
Linking another device increases the possibilities of streaming and entertainment on your smart TV. Here are some easy-to-follow steps for connecting different devices to your smart TV:
- Smartphone or tablet: You can connect your smart TV to your smartphone on the same Wi-Fi network. Most modern smart TVs and smartphones support screen mirroring or casting. You can enable this feature on your smartphone and TV, then select your TV from the list of available devices. If your smartphone and TV have HDMI ports, you can connect them directly using an HDMI cable.
- Computer: On your smart TV, you can mirror your computer screen with a Windows PC or Mac. Wi-Fi connectivity between your computer and smart TV is crucial; access “Screen Mirroring” through the settings menu on your smart TV. Find the screen mirroring option in the menu bar and choose your TV from the list of available devices.
- Gaming Console: Connection to smart TVs is effortless when using Xbox or PlayStation consoles. Plug one end of an HDMI cable into the HDMI output port on your gaming console and the other end into an available HDMI input port on your smart TV. The TV should recognize the console, and your gaming content will be displayed.
- Smart Speaker: You can control smart TVs with voice commands through Google Home or Amazon Echo. To get started, ensure both devices, Smart TV and smart speaker, are on the same Wi-Fi network. According to the instructions, set up voice control through Google Home or Amazon Alexa. Voice commands let you play, pause, and locate content on your Smart TV.
What can I stream on a smart TV?
Unlocking a world of digital content on your Smart TV is as easy as changing the channel. Right tools enable access to a plethora of streaming content. Here’s a glimpse of the incredible variety you can enjoy on your Smart TV:
- Movies and TV Shows: Dive into the cinematic universe with popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and Apple TV+. Whether you prefer original content or classic TV series, these platforms offer an extensive library.
- Live TV: Real-time events become easier to follow by choosing one of the alternatives for live TV, such as Sling TV, YouTube TV, Hulu Live, and others. You can tune into your preferred networks, such as ESPN, CNN, or local news stations, without missing a beat.
- Music: With Roku, Spotify, Pandora, and iHeartRadio integration, music lovers will appreciate the ease. Create personalized playlists with the Smart TV universe and groove to your favorite tracks.
- Sports: Fingertips hold ESPN+, NBC Sports, and Fox Sports, making you rejoice. For an exciting and on-trend sports experience, watch live games and clips on desired networks.
- Educational Content: With information from TED, National Geographic, and PBS, expand your knowledge horizons. From science and technology to history and current affairs, all topics can be explored conveniently through a Smart TV.
Netflix region switching and multiple streaming possibilities are only two key benefits that make your Smart TV a gateway to boundless enjoyment, instruction, and adventure.
Changing your Netflix region on a smart TV using a VPN like ExpressVPN is a game-changer for accessing a wider variety of content worldwide. With the right VPN service and a few simple steps, you can unlock a treasure trove of movies and TV shows that may not be available in your current region.
Whether you’re an expat missing shows from your home country or simply looking to explore content from around the world, following the steps outlined in this blog can help you unlock the full potential of your smart TV and enjoy a more diverse and exciting Netflix catalog.
By changing your Netflix region, a larger variety of content becomes accessible. You can view shows and movies from different countries.
The ability to change your Netflix region is legitimate. However, according to Netflix’s terms of service, you may only access material that is accessible in your present location.
Netflix does not have a built-in ability to change your region on a Smart TV. You must employ other strategies, such as a VPN or Smart DNS provider.
Some free VPNs claim to work with Netflix, but they may have restrictions and give inconsistent access. For this use, premium VPN services are more dependable.
By cutting off your VPN connection or switching your DNS to default, you may return to your original region.
Not all VPNs are compatible with Netflix, which may slow your internet connection. To stay away from any problems, we advise using ExpressVPN.
While changing your Netflix region is generally allowed, Netflix might restrict your account if they detect unusual activity, such as frequent region changes. Using reputable VPNs and services is best to minimize the risk.